Friday, January 31, 2014

Potato Skins

Potato Skins #appetizer #fingerfood #potatoes #GameDay

I hear there's a big game this weekend?! Anyone watching it? Me ... I'm mostly participating for the food! Just keepin' it real. We usually have some kind of party (with tons of finger food!). Football isn't in my blood ... I don't live and breathe it. Truthfully, I only ever watched it because of one person. I know ... I'm lame. What can I say?! :) I had been a "fan" (and I use that term loosely - it was more of a fan of the quarterback!!) of the Indianapolis team .... you know the one who Manning used to play for before heading to Denver? After he moved to Denver, I was kinda heart-broken, and I haven't really watched too much football. I don't want to be a band-wagoner - so I don't really have a "team" now. I still love me some Peyton Manning though - you better believe I'll be cheering for #TeamManning this weekend - woot woot! And, you can be sure that these Potato Skins will be making an appearance at our house this weekend, too! 



Potato Skins #appetizer #fingerfood #potatoes #GameDay

These Potato Skins are super easy to make - and they're even easier if you have leftover baked potatoes! :) Just a note - I like to put my potatoes in a large zip-top bag with the canola oil and shake or move them around, making sure they're all evenly coated - I hate having all of that oil all over my hands!

By the way - I would love to know who you're rooting for this weekend! :) Feel free to leave a message in the comments telling me!



Potato Skins
Printable recipe
Yield: 10 servings

5 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed
2 tbsp. canola oil
2 tbsp. butter, melted
Salt, to taste
1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
6-8 slices bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
2 green onions, thinly sliced
Sour cream or Ranch dressing, optional

Preheat oven to 400°F. Prick each potato 5-6 times with a fork. Rub the potatoes with canola. Place on a baking pan sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 45 minutes.

When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the insides, leaving a little bit of the potato as a shell. Brush both sides of the potatoes with the melted butter. Place cut-side up on the baking sheet and sprinkle with desired amount of salt. Return to the oven and bake an additional 10 minutes.

Remove from the oven and sprinkle evenly with cheese and bacon. Return to the oven for 3-4 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. 

Remove from the oven and sprinkle with green onion. Serve with sour cream or Ranch dressing!


Potato Skins #appetizer #fingerfood #potatoes #GameDay

Other Posts You May Enjoy:


Buffalo Ranch Popcorn
Buffalo Ranch Popcorn

Barbecued Peanuts - So easy to make! Perfect for Super Bowl parties!
Barbecued Peanuts

I hope you enjoy! Shared at thesefun parties!


Don't forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved

FacebookTwitterPinterestGoogle+InstagramBlogLovin'RSS or Subscribe via EmailImage Map

No comments:

Post a Comment