Friday, June 28, 2013

Weekend Round-Up {6-29-13)

lbgc - weekend round-up

Can y'all believe that the 4th of July is next week? Holy smokes! That means summer is almost half over already! The kids will be back in school before we know it - and I know some of y'all are already counting down the day! ;)

So what happened in my world this week? Not a lot - but we did get a visit from a Homeland Security agent (no lie, one really came to our house!) this week! I answered the door and this very official guy flashed his very official badge identifying himself. All I could think about was all the stuff on the news lately and I thought they were coming to get me! Of course, my mind immediately started thinking of everything I've ever posted online or said or texted via phone! Maybe my post about being fed up used some of the government's trigger words?! LOL. No seriously, their visit wasn't a big deal (thank God!).

welcome to Phoenix


It's been hotter than Hades in Phoenix! I keep seeing these posts of people cooking eggs outside in the sun or baking cookies in their cars! Y'all know we'll be trying that sometime this summer! Has anyone ever tried it? Don't be surprised if you see pictures some time this summer! :)

Death By Chocolate Poke Cake


I was also contacted by a Hershey's Kitchen representative earlier this week ..... My Death By Chocolate Poke Cake will be featured on their page in September!! I was super stoked - I had to reread that email like 5 or 6 times! I think that totally made my week! :)

Here's a look at what else happened around my little spot of the blogging world this week:

LGSS Collage2

Let's Get Social Sunday #26 - Don't forget to join us tomorrow (Sunday) morning at 6 am Eastern time when the next party goes live! Meet some other bloggers and make new friends! We would love to see your smiling (or grumpy) face there! ;)

lbgc - all my bloggy friends2

All My Bloggy Friends #52 - the party is still live and closes at 11:59 pm Eastern time tonight (Saturday)! Don't forget to join us every Tuesday morning at 7 am Eastern time when the party goes live! I'd love to see you there! :)

Fresh & Easy 2

Fresh & Easy Picnic Ideas - Being new to the Phoenix area, I have had some new grocery chains to try out. I got some picnic fare at Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Markets that was super tasty and affordable!

Spicy Southwest Meatloaf

Spicy Southwest Meatloaf - If you like meatloaf, definitely try this kicked up version! It's not too spicy so the kids will eat it too! :)

Warfare By Duct Tape

Warfare by Duct Tape or Jewels by Julia Giveaway - I recently had the opportunity to review 2 great e-books. My boys had so much fun making and playing with these swords and shields! I'll be sharing some of the jewelry from the other e-book some time in the future! Be sure to stop by and enter your choice of e-book!

Taco Tatos

I also shared a post about Taco Tatos! I almost could have ate just the potatoes and left everything else! Soooo good!

__________________________________________________________


Five things I pinned this week that you should see too:


1. Chili Dog Casserole from The Vegetarian Casserole Queen - My kiddos would *love* this dish. I love that it's super easy for those nights when I really don't feel like messing around in the kitchen!

2. Patriotic Puppy Chow from Sweet As A Cookie - I haven't made puppy chow in forever. I love the patriotic colors in this one!

3. One Pot Cheeseburger Casserole from No. 2 Pencil - I love one pot dishes! This is similar to my One Pot Goulash .... but cheeseburger flavored!

4. Caramelitas from The Recipe Critic - Pop over and look at the picture (the link will open in a new tab) and you'll be drooling too!!! Oh, my gosh! I may dream about these things!

5. Easy Homemade Funfetti Cake from Sally's Baking Addiction - How fun is funfetti?! Right? I love the idea of making a homemade version!


Most popular post this week: Death By Chocolate Poke Cake
Biggest referring site this week: Pinterest
Most searched phrase: Homemade Alfredo Sauce

I hope you enjoy! Shared at thesefun parties!


Don't forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved


FacebookTwitterPinterestGoogle+BlogLovin'FlickrRSSImage Map


No comments:

Post a Comment