Monday, February 17, 2014

Berry Milk

How fun does "Berry Milk" sound? And the fact that it can be purple, blue or pink - add that to the cool factor! My kiddos think this stuff is awesome - and I like that I know all of the ingredients! Oh, and it's sooooo simple to make! 


Berry Milk #drink #beverage #berry

Let me be clear ... I am not a fan of milk. I think it's gross. (Sorry, milk fans!) I drink maybe 2 or 3 cups a year - and it must be flavored or hidden in milk shakes! :) Sure, I could make chocolate milk .... and I have .... but every once in awhile, I do want something "different" to drink. 

My kiddos on the other hand, love milk - and I usually have no problem getting them to drink it plain. But, they do love this fun purple Berry Milk, too!

You can use any combination of berries your family likes or what you have on hand for this! Obviously, for pink milk, use all strawberries or raspberries .... for purple, use a combination of strawberries and raspberries with blueberries! I always have frozen berries on hand - and that's what I use for this drink, but you can certainly use fresh - especially since they will be coming into season soon! I buy the bags of frozen triple berries at my local Walmart - it has strawberries, raspberries and blueberries in it, making it perfect for this drink!

While you could drink this anytime, it's especially great when you have breakfast for dinner .... or at least my kiddos think so! ;)

Berry Milk #drink #beverage #berry



Berry Milk
Printable recipe
Yield: 2 servings (plus extra syrup)

1 cup fresh or frozen berries, chopped
½ cup sugar
1 cup water
1½-2 cups milk

In a small saucepan, combine the berries, sugar and water. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to maintain a boil and cook for 10 minutes. 

Using a mesh strainer, strain the mixture over a bowl. Discard the berries or save for another use, if desired. Allow the syrup in the bowl to cool slightly. 

Add about 3-4 tbsp. (or desired amount) of the syrup to two glasses. Divide the milk between the two glasses. Stir to combine. Serve!

Refrigerate leftover syrup. When ready to use, add desired amount to milk. 


Berry Milk #drink #beverage #berry

Other Posts You May Enjoy:


Banana Berry Smoothie #smoothie #breakfast #healthy #banana #berries
Banana Berry Smoothie

Green Smoothie2
Healthy and Easy Green Smoothie

I hope you enjoy! Shared at thesefun parties!


Don't forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved

FacebookTwitterPinterestGoogle+InstagramBlogLovin'RSS or Subscribe via EmailImage Map

No comments:

Post a Comment