Friday, June 20, 2014

Taco Rice Recipe

Hi all! Remember me? Emily from Nap-Time Creations?
We love Mexican food!! Living in Hong Kong one of the only things I miss {besides family, of course} is good Mexican food. I try to make Mexican recipes at home, but its just not the same as a really good authentic restaurant... there are a couple of good ones near my parents and I always look forward to visiting them while visiting my parents. Today I'm sharing a Taco Rice Recipe which you probably wouldn't actually find in a Mexican restaurant, but the flavors are really good anyway!
Taco Rice Recipe- sure to be a hit with the whole family. Make each plate to your liking..



Yep! It was a good as it looks! Our whole family enjoyed it because I could custom make eat plate for each person. I gathered all these yummy ingredients:
From Left to Right
Upper row: Chips {I used nacho Doritos}, Rice, Cheddar Cheese
Middle: Sour Cream, Salsa, Sour Cream, Sauteed Onions and Peppers {cook with oil and taco seasoning}
Bottom: Grilled Chicken, Lettuce
Also would be good, but not here... olives, jalapenos, black beans and ?? {what would you add?}
Taco Rice Recipe
 This taco rice dish required some careful layering! I started with the Rice, then veggies, meat, cheese and lettuce. Put the chips around the outside and garnish with the avocado, sour cream and salsa.
taco-rice5
 You can eat by dipping your chips right in, or grabbing a fork.
taco-rice4
 You can let everyone make their own, or take simple orders. My kids don't eat the sauteed onions and peppers, but they will go for everything else.  If I had olives then would have loved those.
taco-rice2
And in just a short time, that gorgeous taco rice plate looked like this.... Yum! Get in my belly!!!taco-rice3
For other favorite Mexican {ish} recipes... see:
Taco Salad Bar- Make everyone happy with this easy meal
Vegetarian Fajitas
mexican springrolls

Until next time!
 photo signature1_zpsb461fce3.jpg
Image Map


I hope you enjoy! Shared at thesefun parties!


Don't forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved

Family Game LBGC Signature 3

No comments:

Post a Comment