Friday, August 8, 2014

White Chocolate Raspberry Crumb Bake




Welcome back to Foodie Friday!

Where every 2nd Friday of the month I, Sandra from A Dash of Sanity, will be sharing one of my favorite recipes with the friends and followers of Love Bakes Good Cakes.



One of my greatest memories from my childhood summers was camping!
And it wasn’t just because we got to shot the bow and arrow, fish, hike, roast marshmallows or play tag with our friends, it was because of all the yummy food!
We enjoyed the classics: Frito bean dip and chips, large breakfast with all the fixings, hot chocolate, toasted s’mores and then came all of Shelia’s treats! Oh, man they were the best! She made the most amazing desserts and coffee cakes. I have a recipe on my blog called the Original Coffee Cake, a recipe that Shelia gave us and made for us all growing up. Shelia passed away several years ago, but her desserts and treats are always on my mind and in my heart, especially during camping season. Today, I share a twist on my “other mom” Shelia’s coffee cake.

Enjoy from my camping trip memories to yours!
XOXO San

Follow  A Dash of Sanity:

White Chocolate Raspberry Crumb Bake

Yield: 10-12 Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 12 minutes Total Time: 25 minutes

Cake Ingredients
1 yellow cake mix (I like Duncan Hines) Just use the mix, don’t not follow the directions on the back!
4 eggs
½ vegetable or canola oil
½ cup water
½ cup blended raspberry yogurt
½ cup instant vanilla pudding
12 fresh raspberries
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Crumb Topping
1 stick unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup old fashion oats
¾ cup flour
¾ cup brown sugar
1/3 cup white granulated sugar
½ cup white chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350; grease 9x13 metal pan.
Mix cake mix, eggs, oil, water, raspberry yogurt and instant pudding in a mixer for 7 minutes (this is key to make the pudding set). I love to use my Kitchen Aid mixer for this!

Meanwhile in a small bowl mix together the sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
Once the cake is done mixing for 7 minutes, pour half of the batter in the greased 9x13 metal pan. Sprinkle ½ of the brown sugar/sugar mix over the cake in the pan.
Pour the remaining batter on and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
Make crumb topping.
In a medium mixing bowl, add oats, flour, brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, salt and chilled butter. Cut chilled butter into pieces using your hands or pastry blender, until it resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in chocolate chips. Sprinkle evenly over cake. Place in oven and bake 45-55 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and separating away from the pan and toothpick comes out clean.



Kids review: They all agreed they would love to have this for dessert that evening, too bad there won’t be enough left.

Like what you see here? Check out my blog A Dash of Sanity
Here are some of my most recent recipes:

Apple Cobbler No Bake Cheesecake | with caramel crumb topping


Chicken Enchilada Mac & Cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment