Sunday, July 28, 2013

Enchilada Stuffed Shells

School starts here in a little over a week ..... it's bittersweet - I'm ready for the structured schedule of the school year - even though I will miss sleeping in until 7 am. Yes, 7 am is sleeping in at my house! During the school year, I am usually up somewhere between 5 - 5:30 am. The problem I foresee, I haven't been going to bed lately until midnight or later ....... it's going to be a hard habit to break - and I may require more coffee than usual! ;)

With school literally days away, I am starting to focus on easier menus and recipes. Maybe some of y'all are too? I don't think easy should mean sacrificing flavor .... or should mean resorting to eating cereal for dinner. (Although, I have been known to feed my family cereal for dinner from time to time!)

These Enchilada Stuffed Shells are easy and kid-friendly! We like to have ours with a green salad on the side and maybe some fresh fruit. While the shells are baking, you can prep the salad and cut any fruit! 

Enchilada Stuffed Shells




Enchilada Stuffed Shells
Printable recipe
Yield: 6 servings

1 box (12 oz.) uncooked jumbo pasta shells
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 can (10 oz.) enchilada sauce
¼ tsp. chili powder
¼ tsp. dried basil
¼ tsp. dried oregano
¼ tsp. ground cumin
1 cup refried beans
1 roma tomato, chopped
1½ cups (6 oz.) Cheddar cheese, shredded

Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, cook the beef and onions over medium-high heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the enchilada sauce, seasonings, refried beans and tomatoes. Fill each pasta shell with some of the mixture. Place in a 13x9-in/ baking dish coated with non-stick cooking spray. Cover and bake for 25-30 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.


LBGC other posts you may enjoy

bean tostadas

Bean Tostadas

chicken-enchilada-soup

Chicken Enchilada Soup

I hope you enjoy! Shared at thesefun parties!

Featured at Ms. enPlace and Posed Perfection


Don't forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved

FacebookTwitterPinterestGoogle+BlogLovin'InstagramRSSImage Map


Tip Junkie handmade projectsFoodie Friends Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment