Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Happy Birthday, America ... and to me!

Happy Birthday, America!

I hope your 4th of July is off to a great start, y'all! And yes, it really is my birthday today! Pretty cool birthday, eh? For those of you overseas, today is kind of a big day here in the States. Most people have the day off (some of us have a 4 day weekend this year) - and we spend the day with family, BBQ'ing, going to the beach or pool, attending parades, watching fireworks and giving many thanks to the men and women who have fought for this great country! Maybe your country has a similar holiday?!

This is one of my favorite songs - Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA" - and I cannot listen to it without crying. What can I say? I'm a big bawl baby! ;) I remember as a kid watching the fireworks in Jacksonville, Florida .... and they would play a compilation of patriotic songs, always ending with this song. 



Although I am proud to be an American everyday, the 4th of July especially  makes me bust at the seams with pride! I love seeing all of the red, white and blue and I love seeing our flag flying everywhere

If you are or were a service member .... I thank you for your sacrifice. I thank the men and women who were willing to give it all - to the men and women who *did* give it all - for my freedom and for the freedom of every American. I thank the spouses and children of these service members who may have had the hardest jobs by letting them go off to war. You truly are heroes for keeping things together at home. I'm thankful to the moms and dads of these service members who instilled some sense of pride and loyalty in their country. I believe we live in the best country on earth because of all of you and your many sacrifices. I appreciate and thank you for everything you have and continue to do to make this country great! ♥

I decided to take it easy today (since it is my birthday and all) and instead of a recipe, I have some printables for you! I personally love using Staples to print these off! They have great quality prints for very reasonable prices (usually less than a buck!). 

Just a reminder (on my soap box) - In whatever you do today, please remember to be safe and responsible. If you drink, please have a designated driver! If you plan on setting off your own fireworks, please do so safely and have any necessary equipment near by in case of fire! If you're enjoying some pool or beach time today, please be aware of and take precautions against drowning! Watch for people who may be struggling in the water. I always hate hearing all of the tragedies on a day that is supposed to be fun! (stepping off of my soapbox)

Now about those printables, as always, Feel free to download the image for your own personal use - You may not claim the image as your own, re-sell, or redistribute it.

Land of the Free2

Click HERE for the Land of the FREE (8x10)

Land of the Free

Click HERE for the United States (8x10)

I hope you enjoy! Shared at thesefun parties!


Don't forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved

FacebookTwitterPinterestGoogle+BlogLovin'FlickrRSSImage Map


Tip Junkie handmade projectsFoodie Friends Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment