Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Hawaiian Dogs

I'm not much of a hot dog eater - but having young children pretty much obligates me to make them on occasion. I don't really do boring dogs at our house .... I like to come up different kinds of toppings to make them fun and more tolerable for me (although my kiddos are quite content with just the regular ol' ketchup and mustard!). I love the idea of having a sweet, spicy and salty combo - so I came up with these Hawaiian Dogs.

If I were a betting person, I'd bet they don't necessarily eat stuff like this in Hawaii .... but just go with me here - mmmkay?! 

The dogs are wrapped up in bacon and grilled (carefully - you'll wanna watch those flames with the bacon grease!) - and then they are topped off with a spicy pineapple salsa. Mayo or BBQ sauce would be good condiments to add if you're so inclined - although, they're just as good without it! ;)

Hawaiian Dogs





Hawaiian Dogs
Printable recipe
Yield: 8 servings

1 pkg. (16 oz.) hot dogs
8 slices of bacon
8 hot dog buns
1 can (8 oz.) pineapple tidbits, drained
¼ cup red onion, chopped
1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
2 tbsp. lime juice
Small handful of cilantro, chopped
BBQ sauce or mayo, if desired

In a medium bowl, combine the pineapple, red onion, jalapeno, lime juice and cilantro. Mix well. Refrigerate until serving time. 

Preheat grill.

Wrap each hot dog in a slice of bacon, overlapping slightly. Secure the loose end with a toothpick. Grill, turning occasionally, until the bacon is crisp and the hot dog is heated through.

To serve, remove the toothpick from the hot dog. Place a hot dog in a bun and top with the pineapple salsa. Serve with mayo or BBQ sauce if desired.

LBGC other posts you may enjoy

deli-style-chicken-salad
Deli-Style Chicken Salad

Copy-Cat Maid-Rites
{Copycat} Maid-Rites

I hope you enjoy! Shared at thesefun parties!

Featured at Miz Helen's Country Cottage


Don't forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved

FacebookTwitterPinterestGoogle+BlogLovin'InstagramRSSImage Map


Tip Junkie handmade projectsFoodie Friends Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment