Saturday, July 20, 2013

Weekend Round-Up {7-20-13}

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

lbgc - weekend round-up

Good morning, friends! It's Saturday - I thought the weekend would never get here! The past two weeks have really drained me! Maybe it's all of this Arizona heat?!

I have been contemplating doing a Facebook party of sorts for some time now. I love sharing stuff from my bloggy friends .... and earlier this week, I was in the shower (don't all of your good ideas come to you there, too?) and I had this crazy notion of doing a party every Saturday on Facebook. I asked my readers what they thought and apparently, they loved the idea too! It'll be a little bit different from the regular Facebook parties because I will be posting a picture every Saturday (if it goes over well - if it's a flop, at least I tried!) and asking that bloggers leave links in the comments of that picture only - it makes them easier for me to find and share - I can go right down the list .... and it should help keep some of my friends out of Facebook jail and out of the spam box! :) Be sure to stop over to my Facebook page at 9 am Eastern time today and share a link in the comments if you'd like me to share it - I'll share as many as I can! 


Look for the picture (above) that says "Share It Saturday" - it will be pinned to the top of the page when it posts! Please remember to only share in the comments of that picture!

I also asked my Facebook readers how important they thought the quality of picture was when determining to try a recipe or not. If you're a food blogger, definitely stop by and take a look at what they said.

Here's a look at what happened around my little spot of the blogging world this week:



LGSS Collage2

Let's Get Social Sunday #29 - Don't forget to join us tomorrow (Sunday) morning at 6 am Eastern time when the next party goes live! Meet some other bloggers and make new friends! We are on 9 different blogs every week so this is a super great opportunity!

Almond Joy Poke Cake

I love poke cakes, don't you? I shared an Almond Joy Poke Cake on Monday over at Diana Rambles! No actual candy bars were harmed in the making of this dish - it just has the flavors of Almond Joy - chocolate, coconut and almonds! 

lbgc - all my bloggy friends2

All My Bloggy Friends #55 - the party is still live and closes at 11:59 pm Eastern time tonight (Saturday)! Don't forget to join us every Tuesday morning at 7 am Eastern time when the party goes live! I'd love to see you there! :)

Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas

Got leftover chicken and don't know what to make? Try these Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas! They're super simple and oh, so good!

Creole Tuna

This Creole Tuna is made with pantry staples and is budget-friendly!

Roadhouse Pizza

This Roadhouse Pizza is a new family favorite! It's full of BBQ sauce, ground beef, bacon, jalapenos, tomatoes, onions and cheese!

__________________________________________________________


Five things I pinned this week that you should see too:


1. Ranch Vermicelli Pasta Salad from Hot Eats and Cool Reads - I love all the flavors and colors going on in this dish!

2. Slow Cooker Italian Casserole from The Cookin' Chicks - Who doesn't love to use their slow cooker? I don't know about y'all, but I am always looking for new recipes to try and this sounds like a real crowd-pleaser!

3. Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole from Ariane's Homemade Cravings - I told y'all last week that my mind is starting to switch over to back to school .... which means Fall is right around the corner. Casseroles and Fall pretty much go hand in hand - and this one sounds delish!

4. Coca-Cola Meatballs from With A Blast - My bloggy buddy, Linda tempts me almost daily with her great recipes! This one is no different - my kiddos would love this!

5. Creamy Tuscan Pasta Sauce from Mel's Kitchen Cafe - I definitely need to try this when I know Brian will be home for dinner! 20 minutes 'til dinner?! Sign me up!!

Death By Chocolate Poke Cake


Some blog stats from this week:

Most popular post this week: Death By Chocolate Poke Cake 
Biggest referring site this week: Facebook
Blog that referred the most people: Lady Behind the Curtain
Most searched phrase: chocolate poke cake
Facebook fans: 7,507
Twitter followers: 1,082
Pinterest followers: 12,359
Instagram followers: 57
Average visit duration: 3:32

I hope you enjoy! Shared at thesefun parties!


Don't forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved


FacebookTwitterPinterestGoogle+BlogLovin'FlickrRSSImage Map


No comments:

Post a Comment