Friday, April 25, 2014

Hot & Dirty Stuffed Peppers

Hi ya'll! I'm Jessica from All She Cooks, a Southern transplant living and blogging in the Midwest. I'm really from all over, having been a Navy brat my first few years, and then later an Air Force wife. Now... I'm the wife to an Air National Guard hubby whose civilian career planted us near Madison, Wisconsin. We love it here!

I'm thrilled to be a new contributor on Love Bakes Good Cakes. You all know that Jamie is just wonderful, but let me tell you all something... she is an awesome blogging friend to have. Jamie is one of my go-to-gals when I have a question about whats working to monetize my blog, how to have great format for foodie blog posts to drive more traffic to my website and so much more. If you're a blogger and haven't started analyzing other blogs to see what is working for them, it's really worth the effort.

Enough of my chit-chat!

Hot & Dirty Stuffed Peppers 


  • Look for me the 4th Friday of each month here on Love Bakes Good Cakes, where I'll be sharing a new recipe creation.This month, I'm starting you all off with my Hot & Dirty Stuffed Peppers.... because we all need something hot & dirty in our lives, right?  Oh come on ladies- I'm talking cooking!

hot and dirty stuffed peppers



You'll find me mostly cooking up recipes that are EASY for anyone to make. I like simple. I'm not a fancy gal, and I like to keep things super simple in the kitchen. Except my messes, and those get quite extravagant!

hot and dirty stuffed peppers


 Really, the fewer ingredients, the better... in my opinion. Recently, I've been experimenting with some recipes that really don't even require seasoning because its all done with the heat of peppers. You know what they say, 'If you don't like the heat, get out of the kitchen'.

Well, these Hot and Dirty Stuffed Peppers aren't so piping hot that you have to have a gallon of water on hand. Not even close. But they are hot. And as with anything else in life, feel free to add more spice. Seriously... my husband has taken to having a side of sliced jalapenos with every meal! Now... I wouldn't go that far, but to each their own.

I love how there are SO many variations on stuffed peppers.  Jamie even took it a step further with her Stuffed Pepper Soup!  Can you say, 'YUM!'?

How do you spice things up in your kitchen?


hot and dirty stuffed peppers


Enjoy!






Hot and Dirty Stuffed Peppers
Recipe Type: Dinner
Author: Jessica- All She Cooks
Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Serves: 6
Ingredients
  • 4-6 bell peppers (combination of colors, or choice)
  • 1 pound spicy Italian sausage, browned
  • 3 cups cooked rice
  • 1 can Rotel (I used original)
  • Mozzarella cheese (optional, grated over top)
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Mix together browned sausage, cooked rice and Rotel.
  3. Wash bell peppers. Cut tops off of them and scoop out seeds.
  4. Stuff rice and sausage mixture into bell peppers. Place in oven-safe casserole and bake for 15-20 minutes. Add grated Mozzarella cheese to top of stuffed peppers and bake for an additional 3-5 minutes.
 
Other Posts You May Enjoy:
Need a drink to serve at your next party?

strawberry limeade rum punch

For the perfect easy weeknight meal,

Cheesy Beef Burritos


I hope you enjoy! Shared at thesefun parties!


Don't forget to share and comment ♥
Signature
Image Map
 
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment