Monday, April 14, 2014

Skillet Chicken and Peppers Dinner Recipe with Star Butter Flavored Olive Oil

CB-sponsored-post-white-600

This Skillet Chicken and Peppers is an easy Italian-style dinner idea made special with Star Butter Flavored Olive Oil. Serve it over your favorite pasta or rice for a dinner your entire family will love! #CollectiveBias #shop

Skillet Chicken and Peppers - a delicious and easy weeknight meal idea. #StarOliveOil #chicken #shop #CollectiveBias

Here's a little known fact about me .... I love gangster/mob movies and tv shows. I can't help it and I'm not even sure why I like them! One thing I notice in almost every one of those movies is, how close the family is and how much time they spend enjoying great food. Truthfully, I was always kind of envious of the people in those movies - I wanted those things - not so much the gangster life, but the close family and great Italian food. :)

My oldest son, Elijah, and I have been watching several of these gangster movies lately. Just the other day, we watched "Goodfellas" and I kept thinking to myself that I should make an Italian dish soon. One of these days, I'm going to make Henry Hill's meatballs! I wish I had an Italian grandma to share all of her cooking secrets with me.

Walmart & Fry's - Star Butter Flavored Olive Oil for Skillet Chicken and Peppers #shop #CollectiveBias

As I kept thinking about what I could make, I spotted that Star Butter Flavored Olive Oil at my local Walmart (currently it's the only store that carries it!) - can you see it up there on the top shelf?! I had never seen it before, but thought it would be delicious in an Italian-style dish. I bought some and it's been waiting for some kind of inspiration.

Walmart & Fry's - Star Butter Flavored Olive Oil for Skillet Chicken and Peppers #shop #CollectiveBias

This past weekend, my family and I were out and about - enjoying Phoenix and our incredible weather! It was in the 90's, y'all!! As my memory would have it (or should I say, lack thereof), I forgot to set anything out for dinner before we left, so I asked Brian to stop by Fry's before we headed home so I could pick up a few things for dinner. I love that Fry's is convenient and the staff is always so helpful! 

Walmart & Fry's - Star Butter Flavored Olive Oil for Skillet Chicken and Peppers #shop #CollectiveBias

I decided I want to make something easy and fuss-free, but still full of flavor. I grabbed a few peppers in the produce department and headed back to the meat department. I wasn't really sure what I want to make, so I asked one of the meat department workers if they had any "really good deals" on meat right now. He told me that they actually had a whole case of chicken at a great price - so I picked up some boneless skinless chicken breasts and thighs. 

I immediately started forming an idea in my mind for a skillet-type dish with the peppers and chicken - so I went to grab a can of diced tomatoes. Every Italian-style dish needs pasta, so I picked up some of that. I had to get some cheese too - cheese makes almost everything delicious! :)

Walmart & Fry's - Star Butter Flavored Olive Oil for Skillet Chicken and Peppers #shop #CollectiveBias



Skillet Chicken and Peppers
Printable recipe
Yield: 6 servings

1½ cups all-purpose flour
Salt and pepper, to taste
3-4 lbs. chicken pieces
2-3 tbsp. Star Butter Flavored Olive Oil
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 green peppers, seeded and cut into strips
2 red peppers, seeded and cut into strips
1 can (14.5 oz.) petite-diced tomatoes, undrained
½ tsp. Italian seasoning
½ cup red wine or chicken broth
Cooked pasta or rice, for serving
Parmesan cheese, if desired

Combine the flour, salt and pepper in large zip-top bag. Add the chicken pieces to the flour mixture and shake until the chicken is coated. Heat the oil in a large skillet. Brown the chicken on both sides. Remove the chicken to a plate.

In the same skillet, saute the onion, garlic, green peppers and red peppers until the veggies are slightly browned. Add the tomatoes, Italian seasoning and red wine; stir. Add the chicken back into the pan. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for about 30-45 minutes or until the chicken is tender and the juices run clear. Serve with cooked pasta or rice. Top with Parmesan cheese, if desired.


Skillet Chicken and Peppers - a delicious and easy weeknight meal idea. #StarOliveOil #chicken #shop #CollectiveBias

Other Posts You May Enjoy:


Homemade Gnocchi - an Italian potato dumpling that is easy to make at home and tastes great in your favorite recipes! #Italian #PotatoRecipe #dumpling
Homemade Potato Gnocchi

Homemade Alfredo - so easy to make at home!
Homemade Alfredo Sauce

Follow Star Fine Foods on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest

I hope you enjoy! Shared at thesefun parties!


Don't forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved

Family Game LBGC Signature 3

No comments:

Post a Comment