Friday, April 4, 2014

Single Serve Chocolate Chip Cookies

Hello,  Love Bakes Good Cakes World!  Jamie has been nice enough to allow me take over for the day, so please adjust your seat into the upright position, and let's get started.  My name is Kim; I am a Libra, an animal lover, and a self-proclaimed "weirdo" who loves to cook.


Today I'll be sharing my favorite Single Serving Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe - because sometimes, I just want A cookie...as in singular, as in : one, uno cookie.  However, when I make a batch of cookies, and tell myself:  "I'll just have one, little, cookie" -  I just can't help it!  I somehow transform into a cerulean blue Muppet and am like: CCOOOOOOKKIIEESSSSS!!! Nom-Nom-Nom!!!!!
  

This is, by far, THE BEST single-serve cookie recipe I have come across.  It  will yield about 1/2 cup of cookie dough. That's two substantially sized cookies!  It can all be mixed in one small bowl - super fast, super easy.  I preheat my oven; cream the butter, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla; measure in the dry ingredients; and fold in the chocolate chips. Pretty much by the time my cookie dough is on the pan, my oven is beeping that it is preheated, and ready for coooooookies!  Eight minutes later I am pulling 2 flawless cookies out of the oven. One for me, and one for my inner Muppet.  



Since this is a small batch of cookie dough you'll have a smaller margin for error.  Ensure that all measurements are accurate.  I've also found that freezing the dough, just for a few minutes, works really well - it helps prevent the dough from spreading out too far when baked.  Flattened cookies are always a bummer- edible - but they mock you with their flatness.  The Muppet doesn't mind flat cookies, however.  
CCOOOOOOKKIIEESSSSS!!! Nom-Nom-Nom!!!!!  

Single Serving Chocolate Chip Cookies
makes 2 large cookies, adapted from:  No2 Pencil

2 TBS butter
2 TBS dark brown sugar
1 TBS granulated sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
pinch of salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup unbleached flour
3 TBS chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl cream butter and sugars together, add vanilla and egg yolk,  Stir in salt, baking soda, and flour - stir until flour is just incorporated - do not over mix.  Fold in chocolate chips.
Freeze dough for 2-3 minutes.  Form into 2 cookie balls and place on parchment lined pan, allow 3-4 inches between cookies, these will spread while baking.
Bake for 8-9 minutes.  Cool in pan for 2 minutes then transfer onto a wire rack to finish cooling

**Notes**
This recipe doubles well, if needed
I have used half of an egg white (1 TBS) with good results.
If using large chocolate chunks, reduce to 2 rounded tablespoons.

Related Posts






Kim can normally be found at Soliloquy Of Food & Such, or on:

Follow Me On Facebook Follow Me On Twiter Follow Me On Pinterest Follow Me On Google+  Follow Me On Bloglovin Instagram Me Send Me An Email Subscribe By RSS 

No comments:

Post a Comment