Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Gutter Dogs

I know what you're thinking .... "what the heck is a gutter dog?" That my friends, is a good question! I really had no idea what to call this creation ... For some reason, it reminds me of bar food - although I'm not really sure what they serve in bars besides alcohol?! I really have no idea?! I wasn't in a bar when I made these - so I guess that theory doesn't really work?!

Gutter Dogs


Maybe it's just the fact that I have a terrible time naming things - well, except my children - they have normal names (all from the Bible). When I was a kid, our pets had to have been confused .... we had a bird that I called a heifer .... a dog that I called cricket .... and as an adult, a dog named moose. Don't ever ask me to name animals --- they will be species confused. That is almost a guarantee. Naming kids - I think I'm ok .... food, that's iffy. You may wind up with something like "gutter" in the title. 

These Gutter Dogs are wrapped in bacon and grilled. Then, they're topped off with sauteed onions, peppers and garlic. And because they're gutter dogs, we have to add a mixture of condiments like ketchup, mustard and mayo. The name "Gutter Dogs" makes sense now, right? (Just nod in agreement) :) 

Maybe you have a way cooler name - Feel free to leave some suggestions on what you would have called them in the comments! I'd love to hear what kinds of stuff y'all come up with! :)

Gutter Dogs 2



Gutter Dogs
Printable recipe
Yield: 8-10 servings

1 pkg. (16 oz.) hot dogs
8-10 slices bacon (one piece for each hot dog)
2 tbsp. butter
1 medium onion, chopped
1 small green pepper, seeded and chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
8-10 hot dog buns, toasted if desired
Desired condiments - ketchup, mustard and/or mayo (optional)

Preheat grill.

Wrap each hot dog in a slice of bacon, overlapping slightly. Secure the loose end with a toothpick. Grill, turning occasionally, until the bacon is crisp and the hot dog is heated through.

Meanwhile, melt butter in a skillet. Saute the onion and green pepper for 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and continue to cook until the onions and peppers are soft. Remove from heat.

To serve, remove the toothpick from the hot dog. Place a hot dog in a bun and top with the onion and green pepper mixture. Serve with ketchup, mustard and mayo sauce if desired.

Gutter Dogs ...... what a name, eh?!

LBGC other posts you may enjoy

Hawaiian Dogs
Hawaiian Dogs

BBQ Pork on Homemade Onion Rolls
BBQ Pork on Homemade Onion Rolls

I hope you enjoy! Shared at thesefun parties!


Don't forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved

FacebookTwitterPinterestGoogle+BlogLovin'InstagramRSSImage Map


Foodie Friends Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment