Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Liebster Award

Amber from The Cook's Sister nominated me for this Liebster Award. Thank you so much, Amber! :) I have been so blessed to receive this award numerous times. Not only is it a fun way to get to know the blogger behind the blog, but it's also a great way to meet other people and a great way to build community. Although I don't consider myself to be a "big-time blogger," I remember when all of the faces in my side bar were those of my for real life friends and I kept praying for the day that anyone else would notice me and my blog. Awards like this are a great reminder of that road - and I am so thankful that I have the opportunity to pay this forward!



Here are the rules of the Liebster award as I understand them. The blog/blogger nominated for the award…
  • Answers 11 questions posed by the nominator. 
  • Nominates 11 other blogs - with 200 or fewer followers (I went with 500 or less)
  • Creates their own new set of questions for the nominees.
Here are my 11 questions from Amber:


What 3 words would you choose to describe yourself? You would think this question would be easier to answer lol ...... 1 - foodie 2 - OCD 3 - predictable

Do you have a blogging mentor who has made a huge difference along the way? I don't have a mentor per se - but I do have many bloggers that I admire and respect! :)

Have you met any of your blogging friends in real life? Yes! Evelyn from My Turn For Us. She was even more awesome in person! :) I also went to school with Samantha from Florassippi Girl. There are a bunch of other bloggers that I'd love to meet though!

What inspires you to continue writing your blog? Definitely my readers. I have met so many wonderful people through my blog - I honestly can't imagine my life without it! 

What is your favorite family recipe? Oooh man .... you do know that I'm a foodie, right?! That's like asking me to pick my favorite kid! I'm going to go with my Chili - Like Wendy's - everyone loves it, I have fond memories associated with it and it's one that I get many requests for!

Which of your own blog posts are you most proud of? That is so hard to answer - again, it's like asking me to pick a favorite kid! I'm going to go with my Death By Chocolate Poke Cake - it's one of the most popular posts on the blog and I was actually contacted by Hershey's to be featured on their blog!

What is your favorite type of food? This is an easy one - Mexican food! :)

What is your favorite pastime? Traveling and seeing new sites!

Where would you most like to go for your dream vacation and why? A warm, sandy, tropical beach! How could you possibly have a care in the world with the sunshine shining, the sand between your toes, the salt in the air and the waves crashing at your feet? You couldn't .... it's gotta be pretty close to Heaven on earth! :)

What is your favorite genre of music? I listen to sooooo many kinds of music ... I literally cannot pick one genre. Some of my favorites artists right now are 3 Doors Down, Bill Withers, Journey, George Strait and Chris Tomlin. The song stuck in my head at the moment is Let Me Be Myself. Actually, I almost always have a song stuck in my head - does anyone else have that problem?!

If someone made a film about your life, who would you want to play you? Believe it or not, I am so outta touch with films and movie stars. I have a very hard time sitting down and actually watching movies. I don't have an answer for this. :(


I always have a hard time picking other bloggers to pass this award onto because I feel that there are so many great ones out there! I had to have help coming up with my 11 nominees, so I went through my Facebook list and found the first 11 blogs with less than 500 fans - Be sure to check out their blogs and feel free to stop by and show them some FB love too! :)


In no particular order:

My 11 questions:

1 - How did you come up with the name of your blog?

2 - What inspired you to publish that very first post?

3 - Do you have kids, a spouse/significant other, pets?

4 - If you could have dinner with anyone - past or present - who would you love to have dinner with?

5 - What's your favorite meal?

6 - Have you met any other bloggers or any of your readers in real life?

7 - If you could go on vacation anywhere - and cost was not an issue - where would you go?

8 - Do you see yourself blogging a year from now? Five years from now?

9 - Are you more of a morning person or a night owl?

10 - What was the last movie you watched?

11 - Birthday cake and ice cream - what's the best combo?!




Don't forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved

FacebookTwitterPinterestGoogle+BlogLovin'InstagramRSSImage Map


 

No comments:

Post a Comment