Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Italian-Style Meatloaf

Meatloaf is one of those foods that either people love it or they hate it - there doesn't seem to be much middle ground. Me? I like it occasionally and luckily, so does my family! My family especially enjoyed this Italian-Style Meatloaf.

I grew up eating just the regular ol' classic meatloaf with the ketchup on top - I'm guessing many of y'all did, too? While there's nothing wrong with it - and I'm quite fond of it (surprisingly, I don't have a recipe on my blog for it - yet!!), I tend to like a funkier version. My husband would tell you the foodie in me won't make the same dish twice - I think that's a little exaggerated - it just may be a long time until we have something "the same" again. Personally, I love playing with recipes and finding ways to make old recipes "new" again. I'm thinking Brian should be used to my "science experiments" by now. ;) 

If you're a fan of meatloaf (the food, not the singer - although I kinda dig his music too), add this Italian-Style Meatloaf to your list of things to try. It's a nice combination of things that are familiar, mixed up with a unique twist. You and your family will be glad you did! :)

Italian Meatloaf 2




Italian-Style Meatloaf
Printable recipe
Yield: 8 servings

2 lb. lean ground beef
1 cup dry breadcrumbs
2 eggs, beaten 
½ of a green pepper, seeded and chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 Roma tomato, chopped
1 jar (24 oz.) Marinara sauce, divided (you may not need all of it)

Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine the beef, breadcrumbs, eggs, onions, green pepper and tomato in a medium bowl. Add ½ cup of the marinara sauce. Mix well. Shape the meat mixture into a loaf. Place in an ungreased 8½x4½x2½-in. loaf pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink in the middle. Carefully drain, if necessary. Spoon desired amount of remaining Marinara sauce over the top of the meatloaf and bake an additional 10 minutes. Allow to stand 5 minutes before slicing and serving. 
LBGC other posts you may enjoy
In case you want some other fun and flavorful meatloaf recipes, be sure to check these recipes out - meatloaf doesn't have to be boring! ;)

BBQ-Bacon-Cheeseburger-Meatloaf
BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf

Spicy Southwest Meatloaf
Spicy Southwest Meatloaf

I hope you enjoy! Shared at thesefun parties!

Featured at Seven Alive, It Happens in a Blink, One Dog Woof, and 4 You with Love


Don't forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved

FacebookTwitterPinterestGoogle+BlogLovin'InstagramRSSImage Map


Foodie Friends Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment