Saturday, August 17, 2013

Weekend Round-Up {8-17-13}

lbgc - weekend round-up

So ..... I had my first experience with "Facebook Jail" this week. So not fun and it kinda defeats the purpose of "social" media in my opinion. I was told I had a 2 day posting ban but I appealed it - and was able to post before my 2 days were technically up. Thankfully, I have some really awesome friends who saw some humor in the situation and they gave me a smile - like this picture from my friend Joy over at Yesterfood ..... or like my blogging buddy Evelyn from My Turn For Us (who used to be a law enforcement officer, btw) - she brought me a file to saw through those bars! :) Kathe with an E came by with a "Get Out of Jail, Free Card." Many others brought over food to bribe the guards with or baked goods with shanks and files baked in them! LOL :D I'm so glad they stopped by to cheer me up! Note to self, you can be social on social media - just not too social!


In other news, we're still working on getting back in to a school routine around here. Have your kids gone back to school yet? Adjusting hasn't been as easy as I had hoped. I think we had too much time off - lol. (Not really, we just had an extremely slow-paced summer!) We spent this past week reviewing material from last year and next week, we'll be starting our actual work for this school year. 

Since two of my kiddos are in middle school this year - they will be taking some computer classes for school and I have toyed with the idea of letting them be my "virtual assistants" ....... like, trusting them with some of my blog stuff. If you know me in real life, you know I'm kinda territorial with my blog because well, it's my blog. I think there are some valuable lessons they can learn - and I'm thinking of giving them some room in my space. Maybe a Pinterest board of their own .... I could give them a chance to do some of my social media ... they can learn a little bit about typing and computer stuff/terms ... maybe they can even write a post on occasion - I'm just not sure yet. I've also toyed with the idea of letting them have their own blog. Maybe that's later down the road? Who knows ... just a thought! Would you let your kiddos be your virtual assistant or let them have their own blog?

Here's a look at what happened around my little spot of the blogging world this week:


LGSS Collage2

Let's Get Social Sunday #33 - Don't forget to join us tomorrow (Sunday) morning at 6 am Eastern time when the next party goes live! We are on 9 different blogs every week, so this is a super great opportunity! Be sure to stop by tomorrow and meet some other bloggers and make new friends! The ladies of LGSS have a surprise for y'all tomorrow! be sure to stop by and see what we're up to now! ;)

Southwest Bubble Bake 2

Southwest Bubble Bake - This is such an easy weeknight meal! If you love the flavors of the Southwest, definitely add this to your list to try!

lbgc - all my bloggy friends2

All My Bloggy Friends #59 - The party is still live and closes at 11:59 pm Eastern time tonight (Saturday)! Don't forget to join us every Tuesday morning at 7 am Eastern time when the party goes live! I'd love to see you there! :)

Manwich 2

Brian loves Sloppy Joe's. Maybe someone in your family does, too? Dinner can be made easy with Manwich! With back-to-school, weeknights can get hectic. I like to keep a few pounds of ground beef and a couple cans of Manwich on hand for those crazy nights!

Gutter Dogs

Gutter Dogs - What's in a name anyways?! Hot dogs don't have to be boring .... kick it up with bacon, sauteed onions, green peppers and garlic. Top that with some ketchup, mustard and mayo - and then my friends, you'll have yourself a Gutter Dog!

Denver Omelet Scramble

What do you do when you have tons of omelets to make? Sure, you could stand there and make them one by one or you could make this Denver Omelet Scramble! It's so much quicker and no one has to eat cold food! :)

Strawberry Peach Smoothie 4

Strawberry Peach Smoothie - this should be called "summer in a glass." Not only is it good, but it's good for you!

__________________________________________________________

Some blog stats from this week:

Most popular post this week: Southwest Bubble Bake 
Biggest referring site this week: Pinterest
Blog that referred the most people: Motherhood on a Dime
Most searched phrase: chocolate poke cake
Facebook fans: 8,800
Twitter followers: 1,173
Pinterest followers: 12,708
Instagram followers: 83
Average visit duration: 3:21

Don't forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved

FacebookTwitterPinterestGoogle+BlogLovin'InstagramRSSImage Map

No comments:

Post a Comment